Kibin (the "Company", "we," "us") is committed to protecting your personal information and data. We want you to understand how we collect, protect, and use your personally identifiable information ("your information") and the choices you have about how your information is used.
We are committed to providing you a useful and enjoyable online experience. When you access a Company website ("Company Site"), you can be sure that your information is protected by physical, procedural, and electronic safeguards.
To access information and send email via Company Sites, you will need a browser that supports the use of Secure Sockets Layer. This encryption technology helps ensure the authenticity of your online sessions and secures data being transmitted over the Internet.
We collect information from your visit in order to personalize and improve upon your experience with us, to process payments for services you have requested, and to contact you with information regarding your account.
Kibin may collect the following types of information:
When you enter a Company Site, we will identify the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer or handheld device. The IP address doesn't identify you personally, but it lets us identify the device you're using. We store IP addresses in case we need to track a connection for security purposes.
As part of the registration process, we collect your email address. We use this information to locate and identify your account; to share information about our products and services, including the services to which you may subscribe or pay for; to contact you if we need additional information about an order or subscription; and to check in and ensure that you are happy with the service we're providing. We do not share email lists with other organizations or businesses that are not affiliated with Kibin. Your email address is never publicly displayed.
We use a third-party provider, Drip, to deliver messages regarding subscription features; to send updates to newsletter subscribers; and to share information about our site with visitors. You can unsubscribe from general mailings at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of these emails. For more information, please see Drip's privacy notice.
Kibin uses third-party payment processors, PayPal and Stripe, to process payments. In connection with the processing of such payments, we do not retain any personally identifiable information or financial information such as credit card numbers. Rather, all such information is provided directly to our third-party processors, PayPal and Stripe, whose use of your personal information is governed by their privacy policies, which may be viewed at http://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full and http://stripe.com/us/privacy.
When someone visits Kibin, we use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to log standard information and details about visitor behavior patterns. Kibin uses this information to determine things such as the number of visitors who reach various parts of the website. This information is used and processed in a way that does not identify anyone, and we do not make any attempt to find the identities of those visiting our website with this information.
Please note that when you shop with a vendor who is linked to a Company Site, even though you may have started your visit with us, and even though our pages may still appear, your transactions are completed with a separate organization, not with us. We don't share your information with them, but information you choose to share with them will fall under their privacy policies, which we encourage you to review. We carefully select other organizations in an effort to give you the value and excellent customer service you expect from us, but we cannot guarantee your satisfaction with these organizations.
If you are under 13 years of age, please do not use the Kibin website.
Kibin does not knowingly collect, maintain, or use information from children under age 13 unless first complying with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act. If we find out we have unknowingly collected such information we will take all reasonable measures to delete that information from our system as soon as possible. We are not responsible for the collection and use of information by companies or individuals unaffiliated with us whose websites may contain links to ours, including vendors where you may shop.
You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, but some parts of Company Sites may not work properly if you do. Accepting a cookie from a Company Site does not give us access to any of your information.
Kibin reserves the right to utilize content uploaded to the Company Site for promotional, educational, or other business needs. Content will never be used in these manners prior to 90 days after being uploaded. Customers who pay for editing services are opted out by default. You are always able to check your content-sharing settings or opt-out of Kibin's content sharing policy via your account preferences page.
Kibin will never use or share the following types of content: business documents or materials, press releases, personally identifiable content, copyrighted content or books, novels, short stories, and poems.
When you upload content through Kibin's Free Contributor program or Paper Grader service, you grant Kibin a perpetual, irrevocable, and exclusive right to the submission. Submissions submitted via the Paper Grader service will not be published prior to 90 days after being uploaded.
In order to provide you with products and services, we collect your information from different sources:
- Information collected from your transactions with us or others, such as timestamped account activity. Kibin processes this data to provide requested services to you and for Kibin's legitimate interests (e.g. network security).
We appreciate the trust you place in us, and we are committed to the security and privacy of your information.
- Our authorized employees, agents, and contractors receive your information only to the extent required to perform their work.
- We comply with federal, state, and international regulations as well as industry standards set forth to protect your information.
- Companies that assist us in delivering our products and services are also required to protect your information and use it only for the services we ask them to perform.
To the extent required or permitted by law, we may share your information with third-party service providers as listed above for the following reasons:
- To service your account and provide you with products and services you have requested.
- To communicate with you about additional products, services, and special offers.
- To comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, search warrant, or in the course of a legal proceeding.
- To respond to your opt-in request or other disclosure request.
Joint account holders may make privacy choices for each other.
- This policy is effective May 25, 2018.
- This policy applies to current and former customers.
- This policy is available at our website.
- If you previously sent us a request not to share your personally identifiable information, your request is still being honored; it is not necessary for you to submit another request. If you wish to change your prior request, you may opt in and provide your consent by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have any questions or concerns, you may reach out to Kibin's Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
You are encouraged to take steps to protect your privacy by keeping passwords and personal identification numbers confidential, never disclosing personal information to unknown callers, and ensuring your Internet use is secured and protected from unauthorized access or use. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft:
- Call the Federal Social Security Administration fraud hotline: 800.269.0271
- File a police report with your local authorities, note the report number and officer's name
- Call the Federal Trade Commission's Identity Theft hotline: 877.IDTHEFT
- Contact the major national credit reporting agencies:
- Experian 888.397.3742
- Equifax 800.525.6285
- Trans Union 800.680.7289
- Innovis 800.540.2505